CarMax (NYSE: KMX) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 9/22/2016 – CarMax had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from $65.00 to $66.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/19/2016 – CarMax was given a new $63.00 price target on by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc.. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – CarMax was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $64.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “CarMax’s estimates have inched up ahead of the company’s second-quarter fiscal 2017 earnings release. The company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in recent quarters. The company’s focus on the used-vehicle market and its aggressive store-expansion strategy should help it outperform peers. CarMax also tries to enhance shareholder value through aggressive share repurchases. However, high competition and the company’s weak financial position pose concerns. Declining other sales and revenues is another hurdle.”
- 9/12/2016 – CarMax was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $57.52 price target on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – CarMax was downgraded by analysts at Buckingham Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $63.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $59.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/7/2016 – CarMax had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $58.00 to $64.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/25/2016 – CarMax is now covered by analysts at Susquehanna. They set a “positive” rating and a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/18/2016 – CarMax had its price target raised by analysts at Wedbush from $44.00 to $55.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Shares of CarMax Inc. (NYSE:KMX) opened at 53.35 on Monday. CarMax Inc. has a 52 week low of $41.25 and a 52 week high of $60.81. The firm has a market capitalization of $10.19 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 17.34 and a beta of 1.42. The stock’s 50 day moving average price is $57.36 and its 200-day moving average price is $53.66.
CarMax (NYSE:KMX) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, September 21st. The company reported $0.88 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, hitting analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.88. The business had revenue of $4 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $4.11 billion. CarMax had a return on equity of 20.92% and a net margin of 3.95%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 2.9% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm posted $0.79 EPS. Equities analysts predict that CarMax Inc. will post $3.28 earnings per share for the current year.
In related news, Director Jeffrey E. Garten sold 6,300 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Monday, September 26th. The stock was sold at an average price of $53.41, for a total transaction of $336,483.00. Following the sale, the director now owns 21,552 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $1,151,092.32. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, VP Natalie L. Wyatt sold 1,417 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Thursday, July 21st. The stock was sold at an average price of $57.81, for a total value of $81,916.77. Following the sale, the vice president now directly owns 3,020 shares in the company, valued at approximately $174,586.20. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Corporate insiders own 1.70% of the company’s stock.
CarMax, Inc (CarMax) is a holding company. The Company is a retailer of used vehicles. The Company operates through two segments: CarMax Sales Operations and CarMax Auto Finance (CAF). The Company’s CarMax Sales Operations segment consists of all aspects of its auto merchandising and service operations, excluding financing provided by CAF.
Receive News & Ratings for CarMax Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CarMax Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.