CSX Corp. (NASDAQ: CSX) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $29.00 to $32.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG.
- 9/12/2016 – CSX Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $30.00.
- 9/12/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Bank of America Corp.. They now have a $32.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital.
- 9/1/2016 – CSX Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Loop Capital. They now have a $31.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/11/2016 – CSX Corp. is now covered by analysts at Atlantic Securities. They set a “neutral” rating and a $31.00 price target on the stock.
CSX Corp. (NASDAQ:CSX) traded up 0.203% during midday trading on Thursday, hitting $30.071. 5,150,801 shares of the stock traded hands. The company has a 50-day moving average of $28.69 and a 200-day moving average of $27.11. The stock has a market cap of $28.45 billion, a PE ratio of 16.414 and a beta of 1.32. CSX Corp. has a 12 month low of $21.33 and a 12 month high of $30.53.
CSX Corp. (NASDAQ:CSX) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 13th. The company reported $0.47 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.44 by $0.03. The firm had revenue of $2.70 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.69 billion. CSX Corp. had a return on equity of 15.24% and a net margin of 16.07%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was down 11.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter last year, the firm posted $0.56 earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts anticipate that CSX Corp. will post $1.75 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, September 15th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, August 31st were paid a dividend of $0.18 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Monday, August 29th. This represents a $0.72 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.40%. CSX Corp.’s dividend payout ratio is currently 39.13%.
In related news, President Clarence W. Gooden sold 17,332 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Monday, September 26th. The stock was sold at an average price of $29.44, for a total transaction of $510,254.08. Following the sale, the president now owns 127,954 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $3,766,965.76. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through the SEC website. Insiders own 0.36% of the company’s stock.
CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is a transportation company. The Company provides rail-based transportation services, including rail service and the transport of intermodal containers and trailers. The Company serves three lines of business, such as merchandise business, coal business and intermodal business.
Receive News & Ratings for CSX Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for CSX Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.