Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK):
- 9/26/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc. from $82.00 to $85.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/15/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $88.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Being a premier utility service provider, Duke Energy invests heavily in infrastructure and expansion projects. The company has undertaken several projects and plans to invest about $25 billion to $30 billion in growth projects over the 2016-2020 time frame. Further, we appreciate Duke Energy’s efforts to expand its renewable asset base in light of increasingly stringent environmental regulations. Going ahead, stringent environmental regulations, pending regulatory cases, volatile commodity prices, severe weather patterns and foreign exchange risks may hinder Duke Energy’s performance. That said, the company’s stable regulated operations, the Piedmont Natural Gas acquisition, a systematic capital investment program, renewable asset expansion and organized transition toward a more focused business mix will likely provide tailwinds.”
- 9/14/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They wrote, “We expect above-average rate base growth over the next several years and view the company’s recent sale of nonregulated generating assets in the Midwest as a strong positive. Other positive fundamentals include the company’s improving balance sheet and well-managed nuclear-generating assets.””
- 9/12/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its price target lowered by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc. from $82.00 to $80.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/29/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its price target lowered by analysts at SunTrust Banks Inc. from $83.00 to $81.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/10/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its “sector perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Scotiabank. They now have a $88.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $78.00.
- 8/8/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Howard Weil from $78.00 to $88.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 8/4/2016 – Duke Energy Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Mizuho from $75.00 to $80.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE:DUK) traded down 1.19% on Monday, hitting $79.09. 2,960,510 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The company has a market cap of $54.49 billion, a PE ratio of 20.91 and a beta of 0.13. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $80.73 and its 200-day moving average price is $81.22. Duke Energy Corp. has a 12-month low of $65.50 and a 12-month high of $87.75.
Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE:DUK) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 4th. The company reported $1.07 EPS for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $1.01 by $0.06. The company earned $5.10 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $5.71 billion. Duke Energy Corp. had a net margin of 11.39% and a return on equity of 7.85%. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.95 EPS. Analysts forecast that Duke Energy Corp. will post $4.59 earnings per share for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 16th. Shareholders of record on Friday, August 12th were given a dividend of $0.855 per share. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Wednesday, August 10th. This represents a $3.42 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 4.32%. This is an increase from Duke Energy Corp.’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.83. Duke Energy Corp.’s dividend payout ratio is presently 90.24%.
In other news, EVP Douglas F. Esamann sold 3,000 shares of the stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, August 9th. The shares were sold at an average price of $84.58, for a total value of $253,740.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 50,609 shares in the company, valued at approximately $4,280,509.22. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Company insiders own 0.08% of the company’s stock.
Duke Energy Corporation (Duke Energy) is an energy company. The Company’s segments include Regulated Utilities, International Energy and Commercial Portfolio. Duke Energy’s subsidiaries include its subsidiary registrants: Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC (Duke Energy Carolinas); Progress Energy, Inc (Progress Energy); Duke Energy Progress, LLC (Duke Energy Progress); Duke Energy Florida, LLC (Duke Energy Florida); Duke Energy Ohio, Inc (Duke Energy Ohio), and Duke Energy Indiana, Inc (Duke Energy Indiana).
Receive News & Ratings for Duke Energy Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Duke Energy Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.