The office of Francois Hollande, the French President, said via a prepared statement that the president felt huge relief he learned that Pierre Torres, Nicolas Henin, Didier Francois and Edouard Elias had all been released and said to be good heath despite very difficult conditions during their captivity.
DHA a private news agency in Turkey said the journalists were found cuffed and blindfolded in the southeast province of Sanliurfa late Friday
Soldiers from the Turkish army on a routine patrol located the journalists after the four had been dropped near the border between Syria and Turkey by a group that remains unknown.
Video on Turkish television showed photos of the four journalists while they were at a local police station and when they were being treated at a hospital nearby.
The office of President Hollande said all four men would return to France soon. No details were provided about the conditions tied to the release of the hostages.
Romain Nadal the spokesman for the Foreign Ministry of France declined to make a comment.
In two separate incidents, the four journalists went missing. Reporters without Borders, the press freedom advocate said that Syria is now the most dangerous country across the globe for journalists.
Didier Francois was a reporter for Europe 1 radio and Edouard Elias a photographer. The two were abducted on June 6 of 2013 in Aleppo.
Nicolas Henin was working for Le Point and Pierre Torres an independent photographer were kidnapped just two weeks afterwards on June 22 in the city of Raqqa.
Near the end of March, two journalists from Spain Ricardo Garcia Vilanova and Javier Espinosa were released after spending six months as a hostage by a group linked to al-Qaeda.
France’s President Hollande said after the hostage release on Saturday that he was committed to the release of two journalists from France, who were still held by their captures.