A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Comcast Corp. (NASDAQ: CMCSA) recently:
- 9/30/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group.
- 9/27/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Argus. They now have a $81.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/25/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/22/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 8/19/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Telsey Advisory Group from $75.00 to $76.50. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 8/8/2016 – Comcast Corp. had its price target raised by analysts at Argus from $72.00 to $81.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
Comcast Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCSA) traded down 0.33% during midday trading on Monday, reaching $66.12. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,368,367 shares. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $66.23 and its 200-day moving average price is $63.97. The firm has a market capitalization of $159.47 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 20.10 and a beta of 1.05. Comcast Corp. has a 12 month low of $52.34 and a 12 month high of $68.36.
Comcast Corp. (NASDAQ:CMCSA) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 27th. The cable giant reported $0.83 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.81 by $0.02. Comcast Corp. had a net margin of 10.70% and a return on equity of 15.04%. The business had revenue of $18.74 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $19.11 billion. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $0.84 earnings per share. The firm’s revenue was up 2.8% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts predict that Comcast Corp. will post $3.52 EPS for the current year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, October 26th. Shareholders of record on Wednesday, October 5th will be given a dividend of $0.275 per share. This represents a $1.10 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.67%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, October 3rd. Comcast Corp.’s payout ratio is 33.43%.
In other Comcast Corp. news, EVP Neil Smit sold 29,475 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, July 29th. The shares were sold at an average price of $67.86, for a total value of $2,000,173.50. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now owns 81,410 shares in the company, valued at approximately $5,524,482.60. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, Chairman Brian L. Roberts sold 304,109 shares of Comcast Corp. stock in a transaction on Friday, July 29th. The shares were sold at an average price of $67.26, for a total transaction of $20,454,371.34. Following the sale, the chairman now directly owns 630,596 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $42,413,886.96. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 1.27% of the company’s stock.
Comcast Corporation is a media and technology company. The Company’s primary businesses include Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Its Comcast Cable business operates in Cable Communications segment. Its NBCUniversal business consists of four segments, which include Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment and Theme Parks.
Receive News & Ratings for Comcast Corp Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Comcast Corp and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.