Syria Scud Attack Condemned by U.S.

A scud missile attack by the Syrian army was condemned by the United States. The attack killed more than 58 people on Friday in Aleppo. The U.S. has invited the opposition in the Syrian conflict to talks that will try to find a settlement to the ongoing bloody conflict.

A statement from the U.S. State Department said the Aleppo attack along with other assaults including attacks on city blocks and at a field hospital were part of mounting evidence that the regime in Syria continues its ruthlessness and lack of compassion for its own people.

The latest State Department statement released to the public on Saturday could draw interest from the opposition groups, which were invited previously to Moscow and Washington and declined in protest, because of the international silence over the mass destruction that has taken place in Aleppo, a historic city.

Large swathes of the country have been wrestled away from the government by the rebels nearly two years after the revolt started against the Syria regime. However, those same areas have become the target of artillery, missiles and air strikes by government forces.

Last Tuesday, observers said over 20 people had been killed after a large missile struck the Jabal Badro district, which is held by rebels and is in the eastern part of the Aleppo.

On Friday, more missile attacks in eastern Aleppo killed over 29 people and trapped 10 members of a family in their own home, when it collapsed around them.

Leave a Reply

© 2006-2016 Mideast Time.