The monitoring group the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has said that as many as four air strikes had hit that city on Sunday. The city had been one of al-Assad’s last strongholds in the province of Idlib.
There is not any word on any casualties suffered in the raid buy the HR group said the death toll was up to 27.
The airstrikes on Saturday killed 20 fighters and as many as 2 civilians said the human right group. There were five others killed that were not identified.
The toll, said the group, should rise as bombing was carried out throughout the night and into the morning hours on Sunday.
On Sunday, fighting continued between regime troops and rebel forces to the south of the city. The city was seized by a rebel alliance that included Nusra Front a group affiliated with al-Qeada. Only a month ago, the group also captured Idlib the capital city of Idlib province.
The official media agency in Syria said that government troops were redeployed outside the city in order to avoid the casualties of civilians.
Night raids by army units, against many military positions that had been infiltrated by armed terrorist groups from the area, were also carried out.
The government charges that these terrorist groups had carried out a massacre of over 30 people who were civilians, and for the most part women and children.
However, it released no further info on the alleged massacre and the human rights organization said that they had seen the body of as many as 60 loyalists to the regime in the city streets of Jisr al-Shughur.
It also said 23 or more prisoners were executed by forces loyal to Assad before they had withdrawn.
Photos were posted by Al Nusra on it site of what it said were bodies of the prisoners who were killed.
Over 220,000 have been killed since the conflict in Syria began almost 4 years ago.