A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Global Payments (NYSE: GPN):
- 10/4/2016 – Global Payments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/3/2016 – Global Payments was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $86.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Global Payments Inc. is a leading provider of electronic transaction processing services for consumers, merchants, Independent Sales Organizations, financial institutions, government agencies and multi- national corporations located throughout the United States, Canada, Latin America and Europe. Global Payments offers a comprehensive line of processing solutions for credit and debit cards, business-to-business purchasing cards, gift cards, electronic check conversion and check guarantee, verification and recovery, as well as terminal management. The company also provides consumer money transfer services from the U.S. and Europe to destinations in Latin America, Morocco, and the Philippines. “
- 9/30/2016 – Global Payments had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $75.00 to $85.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 9/28/2016 – Global Payments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/27/2016 – Global Payments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at William Blair.
- 9/15/2016 – Global Payments was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $88.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $80.00.
- 9/8/2016 – Global Payments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wedbush. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – Global Payments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
Global Payments Inc. (NYSE:GPN) traded up 2.56% on Wednesday, reaching $78.40. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,094,263 shares. The company has a market capitalization of $12.04 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 38.43 and a beta of 1.09. The firm’s 50 day moving average price is $75.55 and its 200-day moving average price is $73.83. Global Payments Inc. has a 1-year low of $51.29 and a 1-year high of $79.93.
Global Payments (NYSE:GPN) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, October 5th. The company reported $0.86 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.83 by $0.03. The firm earned $939.50 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $748.80 million. Global Payments had a return on equity of 27.99% and a net margin of 9.37%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 52.2% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted $0.79 EPS. Equities analysts forecast that Global Payments Inc. will post $3.47 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, November 25th. Stockholders of record on Friday, November 11th will be given a $0.01 dividend. This represents a $0.04 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 0.05%. Global Payments’s payout ratio is 1.95%.
In related news, Director William I. Jacobs sold 600 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, July 13th. The stock was sold at an average price of $75.80, for a total transaction of $45,480.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 44,716 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,389,472.80. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, Director Robert H. B. Baldwin, Jr. sold 6,500 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Monday, September 19th. The stock was sold at an average price of $74.73, for a total value of $485,745.00. Following the transaction, the director now owns 349,063 shares in the company, valued at $26,085,477.99. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 1.10% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Global Payments Inc is a provider of payment technology services. The Company provides payment and digital commerce solutions. The Company operates in two segments: North America merchant services and International merchant services. The Company’s North America merchant services and International merchant services segments primarily provide payment solutions for credit cards, debit cards, electronic payments and check-related services.
Receive News & Ratings for Global Payments Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Global Payments Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.