A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of WPX Energy (NYSE: WPX) recently:
- 9/12/2016 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $14.00 to $15.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/9/2016 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Susquehanna from $15.00 to $18.00. They now have a “positive” rating on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – WPX Energy had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $13.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from $12.50 to $14.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 9/1/2016 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $7.50 to $9.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2016 – WPX Energy was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “WPX Energy’s loss in the second quarter of 2016 was wider than expected due to still weak commodity prices. This was the fifth quarter in a row in which the company incurred a wider-than-expected loss. Total revenues in the second quarter were also lower than expectation. The company continued to work on its strategy to increase oil production, which was clearly noticed in its second-quarter production mix, with liquids contributing 60% of the total production. During the second quarter, WPX Energy raised its oil production guidance for 2016 by 5% to 39–41 thousand barrels of oil per day (Mboe/d) from the earlier expectation of 37–39 M boe/d. We believe exposure in the Delaware, Williston and San Juan basins will help it to achieve its production goal for 2016. WPX Energy continues to reshape its portfolio by monetizing non-core assets, an initiative that is helping to lower its debt levels and develop oil-based generation assets.”
- 8/8/2016 – WPX Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $6.00 to $7.50. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
WPX Energy Inc. (NYSE:WPX) opened at 11.51 on Monday. WPX Energy Inc. has a one year low of $2.53 and a one year high of $13.92. The firm’s market cap is $3.96 billion. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $11.89 and a 200 day moving average price of $9.52.
WPX Energy (NYSE:WPX) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 4th. The company reported ($0.28) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.21) by $0.07. WPX Energy had a negative net margin of 142.42% and a negative return on equity of 6.76%. The company had revenue of $138 million for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $252.14 million. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned ($0.11) earnings per share. The firm’s quarterly revenue was down 10.4% on a year-over-year basis. Equities research analysts expect that WPX Energy Inc. will post ($0.81) EPS for the current year.
WPX Energy, Inc is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company. The Company is engaged in the exploitation and development of long-life unconventional properties. It is engaged in the domestic development, production and gas management activities of oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids (NGLs) segment.
Receive News & Ratings for WPX Energy Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for WPX Energy Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.