Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ: GALT) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 10/3/2016 – Galectin Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at FBR & Co from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $2.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $12.00.
- 10/3/2016 – Galectin Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Galectin Therapeutics Inc. is a drug development company engaged in the development new therapies for fibrotic disease and cancer. The Company uses its carbohydrate technology that targets galectin proteins, the key mediators of biologic and pathologic function. Galectin Therapeutics uses naturally occurring carbohydrate polymers with galactose residues to create complex carbohydrates with specific molecular weights. Galectin Therapeutics, formerly known as Pro-Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts. “
- 9/29/2016 – Galectin Therapeutics was downgraded by analysts at HC Wainwright from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $1.50 price target on the stock, down previously from $8.00. They wrote, “Be All, End All”
- 9/28/2016 – Galectin Therapeutics had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Roth Capital. They now have a $0.75 price target on the stock, down previously from $3.00.
- 8/26/2016 – Galectin Therapeutics had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at FBR & Co.
Shares of Galectin Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:GALT) opened at 0.87 on Monday. The stock has a 50 day moving average price of $1.59 and a 200-day moving average price of $1.57. The stock’s market cap is $25.47 million. Galectin Therapeutics Inc. has a 12-month low of $0.83 and a 12-month high of $3.25.
Galectin Therapeutics (NASDAQ:GALT) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, August 9th. The company reported ($0.20) earnings per share for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of ($0.24) by $0.04. Equities analysts anticipate that Galectin Therapeutics Inc. will post ($0.91) EPS for the current fiscal year.
Galectin Therapeutics Inc is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in drug research and development to create therapies for fibrotic disease and cancer. The Company’s drug candidates are based on its method of targeting galectin proteins, which are mediators of biologic and pathologic functions.
Receive News & Ratings for Galectin Therapeutics Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Galectin Therapeutics Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.