Yemen President Claims Blasts Were to Create Chaos

The embattled president of Yemen said the Friday suicide bombings that killed 142 people at mosques for Shiite Houthi were an attempt to pull the country into a state violence, internal fighting and chaos.

The Houthis, whose militia seized the capital in September vowed to take more revolutionary steps after the blast on Friday.

The jihadist group Islamic State claimed the responsibility for Friday’s attacks at two mosques in Sanaa and another in Saada the stronghold in the north of the Houthis. These were the first that IS has claimed in Yemen, where its rival al-Qaeda has traditionally be looked at as the dominant organization of jihadists.

Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi the embattled president of Yemen has taken refuge in Aden a city to the south having been released from his house arrest in the Houthi controlled capital in February.

In a letter addressed to victims’ relatives in the bombing of the mosques, which left another 351 wounded, he condemned the attacks as being criminal, terrorist and cowardly.

Hadi declared that Aden was Yemen’s temporary capital. The attacks came one day after battles between Hadi loyalists and those allied with Houthis in Aden.

Plenty of signs were present that security forces had allied with Houthis and Ali Abdullah Saleh a former president and planning to take over Taez, which is located strategically between Aden and the capital.

Since taking control of Sanaa, the militia has tightened their grip on all government institutions helped by forces loyal to Saleh.

Al-Qaeda quickly distanced itself from the bombing, while ISIS said it was only the tip of the iceberg.

A spokesman for the Houthis said that Friday’s bombings had been a clear war on the people of Yemen and is popular revolution.

He accused the media funded by the Gulf for providing a political cover for elements of al-Qaeda in Marib and Baida by calling them tribal fighters opposed to Houthis.

Leave a Reply

© 2006-2016 Mideast Time.