A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for FedEx (NYSE: FDX):
- 3/20/2017 – FedEx had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC.
- 3/20/2017 – FedEx had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co..
- 3/18/2017 – FedEx was given a new $209.00 price target on by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 3/13/2017 – FedEx is now covered by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They set an “outperform” rating and a $220.00 price target on the stock.
- 3/11/2017 – FedEx was upgraded by analysts at Edward Jones from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 3/10/2017 – FedEx was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “We are impressed by FedEx's decision to reward shareholders through dividend payments and share buybacks. Over the last six months, shares of FedEx have gained 17.19% compared with the Zacks-categorized Transportation-Air Freight industry's growth of 4.60%. Inspite of such postives, we expect the company to struggle in the third quarter of fiscal 2017 due to higher costs of package deliveries in the recent holiday season and the shift in the product mix. The pessimism regarding the stock ahead of its fiscal third-quarter earnings release can be gauged by the 3.3% decrease in the Zacks Consensus Estimate over the last two months.”
- 3/6/2017 – FedEx was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $220.00 price target on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 3/6/2017 – FedEx had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $209.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $205.00.
- 2/21/2017 – FedEx was upgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $208.57 price target on the stock.
- 2/14/2017 – FedEx was downgraded by analysts at Vetr from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $195.71 price target on the stock.
- 2/6/2017 – FedEx was upgraded by analysts at Raymond James Financial, Inc. from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $210.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/24/2017 – FedEx had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc.. They now have a $210.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of FedEx Co. (NYSE:FDX) traded down 0.445% during mid-day trading on Monday, reaching $193.725. The company had a trading volume of 933,623 shares. The stock has a 50 day moving average of $192.11 and a 200-day moving average of $183.57. The company has a market capitalization of $51.63 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 28.468 and a beta of 1.14. FedEx Co. has a 52 week low of $145.00 and a 52 week high of $201.57.
FedEx (NYSE:FDX) last issued its earnings results on Tuesday, December 20th. The shipping service provider reported $2.80 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $2.90 by $0.10. FedEx had a return on equity of 22.02% and a net margin of 3.35%. The company earned $14.90 billion during the quarter. During the same quarter last year, the firm earned $2.58 EPS. The firm’s revenue was up 19.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, analysts expect that FedEx Co. will post $12.01 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The business also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, April 3rd. Stockholders of record on Monday, March 13th will be paid a $0.40 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, March 9th. This represents a $1.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.82%. FedEx’s payout ratio is 23.46%.
In other FedEx news, CEO David J. Bronczek sold 36,529 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, December 22nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $192.08, for a total transaction of $7,016,490.32. Following the transaction, the chief executive officer now owns 83,716 shares in the company, valued at $16,080,169.28. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, EVP Robert B. Carter sold 34,580 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, January 25th. The stock was sold at an average price of $191.22, for a total value of $6,612,387.60. Following the transaction, the executive vice president now owns 77,062 shares in the company, valued at approximately $14,735,795.64. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 8.67% of the stock is owned by corporate insiders.
FedEx Corporation (FedEx) provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies competing collectively, operating independently and managed collaboratively, under the FedEx brand. The Company’s segments include FedEx Express, TNT Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx Services.
Receive News & Ratings for FedEx Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for FedEx Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.